“I cannot remember the books I’ve read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote is so true, believe me this is like a law of nature. Seriously, there is no other way. You will be successful if you read the right books, nothing can stop you, nothing!
I have heard this from a lot of people that money isn’t everything and I do agree, however its a medium of exchange for the material world. And who doesn’t like good food, good clothes, less work, own house which is a simple desire of an average person. Even for that the medium is money. I am no Buddha or Jesus Christ, I am also one among 7.3 billion people on this earth so I need material things to survive better and the easiest way is having enough money. I want to be rich and this is how I define being rich, the one who has good health, love, good relationships, is aware, noble, respectful, who knows the secret of giving/receiving. Opposite of this is poor, don’t you want to be rich?
My life changed in last 5 years. I was barely making 30k a month in a BPO job. (I started as a sweeper at cyber cafe with only 700 Rs a month that was way back. I don’t want to bore you with my weeping life story :P). I had no idea how to earn more, have more time to do things I was passionate about etc. Nothing was working accept a monotonous work life.
Things changed when I saw a video of Bob Proctor on youtube. I was inspired to read a book **THINK AND GROW RICH** by Napoleon Hill. Bob said keep reading it again and again for some months and things will change. There was nothing logical about it however I trusted him and got my first book, THINK AND GROW RICH. I kept reading it and something changed inside me in few days. I started seeing world little differently. Then I went online and checked for more books similar to this one, followed Bob Proctor and got few more book titles to buy. And then till date I never stopped. I read 2 books a week no matter what. I give full credit to the books I have read in the last 5 years and discipline of meditation for my success. In less than 5 years I went from 30k to being a millionaire and its just a start. My companies make aggregate of 5 million a month. I’ve got a beautiful family, amazing team mates and associates, very good network of wise people/mentors, have enough time to socialise and travel around the world. I get to spend time and money on various social services. This is what I call being rich. Lot of my well wishers ask me how did I do it and I say by reading the right books and investing in myself. Everyone wants to know the list of books I read so I compiled the 10 best of first hundred books I read. Before I share my list you need to know the following.
These books are not only about money, it will change every aspect of your life if you keep reading them and apply their teachings in your daily life. Discipline is the most important factor in being successful. Discipline to read everyday for at least 2 hours is important. If you say you don’t have enough time then you are saying you don’t want to be rich. If you say you cannot manage money to buy these books then you are saying you are poor and you don’t want to be rich. DO NOT F**KING SEARCH TORRENTS FOR THESE BOOKS and download PDFs for free. Own it! Integrity is a thing! Just buy the physical book, you need physical book in hand to feel it, to own the success. I am sharing the amazon.com links as well, go to the links and buy them now, you can buy first few and then few and on and on.
1 – Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
– This book is a must read book to everyone. It will build a solid foundation to become successful in life. The values you will learn in this book will bring permeant positive change in your self. It will straight away put on on a success path. I have read this book at least 4 times, still I feel there is lot more in it. Make it your success bible.
2 – How to win friends and influence people – Dale Carnegie
– I found the book title little cheesy when I saw it the first time, however it completely changed my attitude towards the world and people. I was so bad at public speaking and communicating with people around. I had very negative way of seeing people around, judging them based on their actions. This booked changed my attitude for greatness. This is a must read book for everyone.
3 – The secret – Rhonda Byrne
– This book is kind of foundation of how the universe actually works, how are mind is connected to everything around. This book will reveal a secret which will tell you how to get whatever you want in your life through practice of positive thinking. Trust me this is the law of nature, the physics on universe. If you get it right, you can be whatever you want. This is one of the few first books I read and it worked as it said. I followed this book with The Magic which gave me mind blowing results.
4 – The Magic – Rhonda Byrne
– This book is suppose to be a follow book to The Secret. Once you read The Secret, you are ready for 28 day program to change your life completely. In next 28 days you will see a tremendous change in your life, complete shift for good, seriously, it happened to me.
5 – Go Giver – Bob Burg and John David Mann
– Its a small story revealing the 5 secrets of being successful and these are laws. If you implement these laws you are gonna be the most successful and happiest on the planet earth 🙂
6 – Psycho Cybernetics – Maxwell Maltz
– If you want to know how the mind works and how consciously put it to work to achieve anything in your life, this is it. Every single page is worth reading multiple times, by the time you finish the book, your awareness level is increased, you start seeing things differently. I love this book to the core. Must read.
7 – Rich dad, poor dad – Robert Kiyosaki
– The simplest and the easiest way to understand why rich gets richer, poor gets poorer. The real life, practical values shared in this book are worth millions, trust me. I read this book every 6 months, no matter. How mediocre mindset is stopping people from being successful is what you will learn from this book.
8 – Inner Engineering – Sadhguru
– Its a beautiful book, I have no words to express my feelings about this one. It clears your mind from the clutter, cleanses you from within. Clamness and peace seeps-in into your daily routine. It will bring joy and happiness in your life. Your awareness level is going to hit your peak after you finish this book.
9 – The monk who sold his Ferrari – Robin Sharma
– Another mind-blowing tale to read. Such an amazing story here which reveals secrets of success and laws of nature. This book is must read.
10 – Lead With Love – Ken Blanchard
– A very different approach towards team management and customer service. I read this book twice in 2 days, I just couldn’t stop myself when I got hands on this book. I applied this in my business life and the growth has become unstoppable. My team mates, business associates, customers and all the people connected to my business just LOVE me and how the entire operations work. I used this book to reconstruct my business rules and things changed drastically in a positive direction. This doesn’t just help you increase your business, it strengthens bonding and trust among people around us.
These books are already number one best sellers for years so you might have already seen these titles number of times, you might have also read few of these. As I said you got to keep reading few titles again and again. Every time I repeat a book, it is different, vibe is different, I understand better than before, feels like few parts of the book were undiscovered, kind of, new. So READ AGAIN if you have read it before. I got a list of 300 books, I have almost finished 300 books in last 5 years. So I will share more in my next post.